4 lt Acid Magic
4 lt Muriatic Acid - The Safer Spa & Pool Acid
Effectively reduce high pH and total alkalinity in spas and pools. Also used for cleaning the pool surface.
ACID Magic also reduces noxious fumes by up to 90% and will not burn intact skin. By reducing the risk of acid burns and toxic fumes, it allows for easier handling, transportation, and storage. Due to the reduced fuming, there is less corrosion to metal structures, including storage areas, pool equipment, and filtration systems. ACID Magic is equally active upon oxides of metal when compared to standard muriatic acid.
ACID Magic is great for pH and total alkalinity reduction, etching concrete, dissolving mineral deposits, and removal of excess concrete and plaster from tools and equipment.
- Equal activity to Muriatic Acid
- No fuming problems
- Safer handling - does not burn intact skin
- More effective in reducing high pH than dry acid products
- Very economical to use -- a little goes a long way
- Superior for filter scale cleaning
- Great for cleaning salt chlorine generator cells
Instructions – Adjusting pool pH
1. Bottle a sample of your pool water and have a pool supply store analyze it for chemical balance. Their computer will break down all components of your water sample and provide a detailed print-out for you. For the do-it-yourself types, pool test kits are available for home use
2. Activate your pool filter. Partially fill a plastic bucket with pool water. Add the muriatic acid to this water in a ratio of 10 to 1 or 20 to 1. Exercise extreme caution: muriatic acid will burn skin, clothes and most anything it touches
3. Walk around the pool and slowly pour in the diluted acid. Leave the filter running. The acid neutralizes in approximately 30 minutes. Add the acid in the early mornings for best results
4. Pour the diluted acid in slowly around the deep end. Don't add large amounts at one time. Allow the filter pump to run for 4 hours and retest before adding more chemical
Instructions - Cleaning the pool surface
1. Moisten concrete's full surface before applying
2. Do not apply in full sun
3. Wait 4 hours after application and retest to determine if more chemical is required, and how much
Tips & WarningsNever add more than 1 pt. muriatic acid or 1 lb. sodium bisulphate to the pool at one time