We take your privacy extremely seriously
The type of Personal Information that may be collected or submitted to Vanislewater.com includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Your name, current address, age group, email address, telephone/cell phone number and fax number;
- Information about your visit to the Website, which includes the date and time of your visit, the pages accessed, and the documents retrieved;
- The type of browser used when you visit our Website, and
- Any personal correspondence, which includes emails
Other information you provide is not required by us but may assist with responding to your request more effectively.
Why do we collect personal information?
Vanislewater.com offers various products and services to our Customers and also strives to meet the needs of our Customers. We use your Personal Information for internal purposes such as tracking your order, analyzing your preferences, and noting trends and statistics. To do this effectively, we need to collect certain Personal Information.
The Personal Information we collect from you
All Personal Information we collect from you requires your consent, for example, opening an account, purchase and delivery of products, special offers, etc. The Personal Information we hold is for establishing and managing our business and customer relationship with you. Sensitive information is subject to greater restrictions and governed by law.
By communicating with vanislewater.com, including by email and by completing online forms, you are giving your consent to the collection of what Personal Information you provide.
You have the right to anonymity and do not have to supply us with information. However, if you choose not to provide the information and we need to fulfill your request for a specific product, we may be unable to provide you with that requested product.
Keeping a record of Personal Information
Depending on the product you have acquired, it may be necessary to keep a record of the transaction for business purposes or to enable us to respond to your concerns.
We may hold Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Internal accounting and administration;
- To supply you with information about your account including regular statements;
- To respond to inquiries;
- Enhancing customer service, product options and to improve product performance;
- Promotions, competition entry forms, redemption vouchers, and special offers where you voluntarily supplied your personal details;
- To administer sales records;
- To provide information about us, our products, services and special offers; and
- To analyze our website usage.
Our disclosure of your information and its security
Although Vanislewater.com uses industry standard practices to protect your Personal Information, due to technical limitations, we do not represent, warrant and/or guarantee that Personal Information will remain secure. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee, and you should not expect, that your Personal Information or private communications will always remain private. Notwithstanding this, as a matter of policy, we NEVER sell or rent any Personal Information about you to any third party.
The following describes some of the ways that your Personal Information may be disclosed, and you expressly agree that your Personal Information may be disclosed by Vanislewater.com in the following ways:
- Advertisers - We may internally gather data across all of our Website's visitors and keep a record of your usage habits. As a result, we may disclose some limited, non-specific Personal Information to third parties for marketing and promotional purposes. However, in these situations, we do not disclose to these entities any information that could be used to identify you personally. Certain information, such as your name, email address, street address and telephone number are NEVER disclosed to advertisers.
- Cookies - When you visit the Website, our server may attach a small data file known as a "cookie" to your hard drive. This enables us to analyze usage patterns on our Website in order to tailor it to our users' needs. Cookies are safe and cannot be used to deliver a virus. Cookies only identify your computer to our servers when you visit our Website. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies. If you do not wish to accept cookies, you can refuse the transfer of cookies to your computer's hard drive by adjusting your Internet browser. Without accepting a Cookie, you can browse through our site, but you will be unable to establish a shopping cart session and make a purchase on-line.
- Legal Requests - Vanislewater.com may lawfully disclose your Personal Information for law enforcement or regulatory purposes.
How we manage your Personal Information
You may have contact with us personally, by telephone, mail, over the Internet or other electronic medium. We take all reasonable steps to keep your Personal Information secure in a combination of secure computer storage, hard copy files and other records. We take steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. You have the right to access the Personal Information you have provided to us. If you require details of your Personal Information held by us, we will need to verify your identity before meeting your request, which we will process in a reasonable time. If you find that the information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, then we will promptly correct it upon receipt of the changes from you.
As far as permissible under law, vanislewater.com accepts no responsibility for the unauthorized access of Personal Information held by vanislewater.com.
Information we collect
We may require Customers who visit our Website and purchase products on our Website (collectively the "Service") to give us contact information, which may include but is not limited to the Customer's name, company name, address, phone number, email address, cookies, IP logs, billing information, billing name and address, credit card number, and other information as detailed below under "Personal Information" (collectively "Personal Information"). Besides the Personal Information, we may also collect other information regarding your use of the Website. From time to time, we may also collect or ask for additional Personal Information, which will also be expressly included herein as Personal Information. You can opt out of providing this additional information by not entering it when asked or not using the Website, although not providing it may hinder your ability to use the Website.
You may also have the ability to update or remove your Personal Information by logging into the Website and editing your Personal Information within your profile (to the extent one exists). However, archival or backup copies of said information will not cease to exist and Van Isle Water shall not be liable for any problems in this editing process.
Information collected is used to provide and maintain the Website and is used at Vanislewater.com's discretion. This Information can also be used to contact you to further discuss interest in our company, the services we provide, and to send information regarding Vanislewater.com, its products and other activities such as promotions and events. You may be invited to receive email correspondence by providing an email address. Your email address and any Personal Information will not be distributed or shared with third parties unless it is to transact such business as you have contracted us to do, to comply with legal processes and/or law enforcement requests, or to conduct any business as Vanislewater.com, in its sole discretion, deems reasonable.
Vanislewater.com may also email (or send via other methods) information regarding updates to the Website, newsletters, advertisements, or other correspondence. You will have an opportunity to unsubscribe to any emails or mailings by clicking on an "unsubscribe" hyperlink contained in such promotional emails or by emailing us at email@example.com. Despite unsubscribing from such list, Vanislewater.com may send confirmation emails if you order online and may need to contact you by phone, email or regular mail with questions or issues concerning your order. Any opt-out by you is not deemed valid until processed by
We acknowledge that you have the right to control how your Personal Information is collected and used.
We use Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics to collect information about use of this site. Google Analytics collects information such as how often users visit this site, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other sites they used prior to coming to this site. We use the information we get from Google Analytics only to improve this site.
You can prevent Google Analytics from recognizing you on return visits to this site by disabling cookies on your browser. Google Analytics employs cookies to define user sessions, which allows for the collection of data about how visitors are using the websites. Google Analytics uses only first-party cookies for data analysis. This means that the cookies are linked to a specific website domain, and Google Analytics will only use that cookie data for statistical analysis related to your browsing behavior on that specific website. According to Google, the data collected cannot be altered or retrieved by services from other domains. If you choose, you can opt out by turning off cookies in the preferences settings in your web browser.
For more information on Google Analytics, please visit Google Analytics
What do we use your information for?Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To process transactions
- To send periodic emails
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
The email address you provide may be used to send you information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be kept on file for more than 60 days.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
Changes to our Privacy Statement
From time to time, it may be necessary for us to review and revise our privacy statement. We reserve the right to change our privacy statement at any time and to notify you by publishing an updated version of the policy on http://www.vanislewater.com/privacy-policy.
Terms and Conditions
This Policy is part of the Terms and Conditions of the Website. Please visit that section establishing the use, disclaimers, and www.vanislewater.com/terms-and-conditions.
Van Isle Water Services Ltd.
- 461 Dupplin Road
- Victoria, British Columbia V8Z 1B8