Splicing Kit 14-10 guage (Clear 4 Tube, Heat Shrink)
Splicing Kit 8 guage (3 Tube, Heat Shrink)
These clear heavy duty shrink kits are designed for smaller lead wires and are suitable for applications up to 600 volts. The adhesive lined, flexible cross-linked polyolefin heat shrinkable tubing provides excellent waterproof insulation and environmental sealing protection for splices, connections and jacket repairs. High impact and abrasion resistance of this heavy wall tubing provides the highest level of mechanical durability.
Used for #14 - #10 pump wire. When heated above 120°C (250°F) there is a 3:1 shrink ratio.
Due to the substantial wall thickness, this splice kit will take longer to shrink to its fully recovered state (approximately 45-50 seconds). Time will vary depending on job site conditions and the heat source that is used.
- Wire Size Range: 14,12,10
- # of Butt Connectors: 4 (#14 - #10)
- # of Shrink Tubes: 4
- Tube Length: 3"
- Strip 1/4" insulation from cable & motor wires, then scrape "bright"
- Remove any grease from wires for 2-3".
- Slide heat shrink tube over one end.
- Insert wires into stakon connector.
- Crimp to attach stakon connector to wires.
- Pull lightly to test crimp.
- Centre the tube over the stakon connector.
- With low heat, shrink tube from the centre, out.
- When completely sealed, a slight glue amount should be visible.